
DSCN3869
Originally uploaded by zeenie.
After our need for speed was satisfied, we went to Jusco mall for a drink and I came across this sign. It did look like ordinary coconuts to me, but I bought one anyways, and boy was it good!

DSCN3862
Originally uploaded by zeenie.
The guy starts off by hacking away excess bits of the coconut to gain access to the meat and juice, without touching the meat or juice.

DSCN3863
Originally uploaded by zeenie.
The ball of meat and juice can be seen peeking out from under the 'cap' of husk, formed by careful hacking of the coconut.

DSCN3864
Originally uploaded by zeenie.
using a sharp flexible blade, he craved out the ball of flesh.

DSCN3866
Originally uploaded by zeenie.
the finished product with a straw stuck in it. it was fantastic! all the meat and juice of the coconut without the fuss of scraping the inside of a coconut with a spoon (which i usually break, when it's a plastic one).
I wonder if they had to use special coconuts?
No comments:
Post a Comment